Building relationships between the Faculty of Technology and Built Environment, emplioyer groups, ITOs and other agencies.
Sister Cities NZ seeks to foster communications across international borders at a city to city, community to community level - a mutual exchange of ideas, people and materials in economic, cultural, educational, youth, sports, municipal, professional and technical projects.
Parkinson's New Zealand provides: Education, Information and Support for all people with Parkinson's their caregivers, friends and families.
Founded in 1983, The Parkinsonism Society of New Zealand (Parkinson’s New Zealand) is a community based, non-profit organisation, registered with the Charities Commission and reliant on funding from grants, bequests and donations.
We have 20 divisions supported by a National Office in Wellington.
We offer members:
* A Field Officer Service.
* Publications about Parkinson’s.
* Regular information through our quarterly magazine, The Parkinsonian.
* A special interest group called UPBEAT for people with early-onset Parkinson’s and their families.
* A library.
* National representation and lobbying.
* Seminars and conferences.
* An online community through our forum and blog.
We also provide information and educational services to non-members, health professionals and the general public. We work closely with other neurological organisations, and in some less populated areas, Field Officer services are supplied by the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
The Economic & Community Planning team was a small team within Strategy & Policy at North Shore City Council. The team was responsible for the preparation of economic and community policy, identification of community outcomes and over-site of Enterprise North Shore
Pounamu Strategic specialises in strategic planning, international relations, communications and government relations, and corporate governance.
Major projects included:
* Coordinating the Council's input and responce to the government's land transport reform proposals of the late 90s
* Coordinateing sector input and responce to the review of local government legislation
* Advocacy for the funding and development of better public transport in Auckland.
Running the Council's water quality laboratory and managing the environmental and dischanrge monitoring programmes in Otago